Thursday, June 12, 2008

7 songs (subtitle: baby baby baby)

I was tagged by Ryan:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.

1) Handlebars - Flobots
I just heard this song for the first time yesterday and it immediately got under my skin. I can't evaluate its success in its genre - it is sort of hip-hop by way of Cake - but I love the way it starts out so simply (I can ride my bike with no handle bars/no handlebars/no handlebars) and increases in intensity both musically and lyrically until it becomes a rousing anthem to the scariest aspects of modern American life (I can end the planet in a holocaust/in a holocaust/in a holocaust). I know it sounds pretentious but I don't care. I love it. It gives me chills.

2) Unknown Title - Dan Deacon
This is a song that the Alamo Drafthouse is using for their various promos. It is totally nuts. I don't know how to describe it except to say that it makes me want to dance like Ally Sheedy in the Breakfast Club.

3) William, It Was Really Nothing - The Smiths
Kurt has been trying to learn this song so it has been in my head alot.

4) You Are My Sunshine - Dunno
Supposedly I learned how to sing this song when I was 18 months old. I think that makes the toddler me freakishly precocious but it all petered out after that. :)

The rest of these are going to be songs on our delivery room play list.

(because I am a cliche and all I can think about is baby baby baby)

Kurt is bringing his guitar so we can entertain ourselves:
5) The Carter Family - the first CD in the collection although I can't remember the name. Also the song book.
6) The Beatles song book

7) Lefty Frizzell
8) Astral Weeks - Van Morrison
9) Apologies to the Queen Mary - Wolf Parade
10) The Soft Bulletin - Flaming Lips
11) A bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now

10) The Beatles song book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home