Wednesday, August 16, 2006

history lessons

Chadwick,

Sorry for picking on you about the history lesson.
Half my day at work is taken up with listening to people explain "why we did it this way" either to justify continuing to repeat a bad habit or to absolve themselves of guilt for perpetuating the bad habit because it was someone else's idea or it originated from circumstances beyond their control.

Even when they're not trying to justify repeating the bad habit, they throw their hands up in the air and saying "It's not my fault! It wasn't my idea! He's the one who started it!!"

But after these people spend all this time explaining to you why things are the way they are, if you suggest trying to do things differently, they start the whole story over again.

I could give you some examples but they'd be boring crap about software development and I don't want to subject you to that.

People do it all the time and it drives me completely nuts. But that's not your fault. It is just a huge pet peeve of mine and I took it out on you.

So solly,
Z

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh! No worries!

8:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home