Tuesday, July 25, 2006

scowls, slaps her chest, and barks "Let's go, bitches!"

Take the Zen Imbecile challenge! It is fun, easy, and risk-free!

I have no interest in punching you, despite what the subject line might suggest. But let's pretend like I've slapped you with a virtual glove and challenged you to a duel.

Ryan says, "Freud said that our biggest fears were just our unconscious desires. Freud is so full of shit." This is the duel, the Zen Imbecile challenge: the struggle between fear and desire.

Send me your biggest fear and I'll tell you how it reflects your greatest desire. I do not believe that there's a one-to-one correlation but I do believe that our fears are the key to the thing we want most.

So let's go!

bitches.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a reoccurring nightmare where I get sucked into a tornado. It is equally terrifying and exhilarating.

But what I really fear is a tragedy that will separate me from my daughter.

Secondarily, I fear that my daughter will be disfigured.

12:37 PM

 
Blogger matt said...

I'm only scared of you.

1:19 PM

 
Blogger Marcus said...

Scorpions!!!

8:52 AM

 
Blogger Mandy said...

I'm afraid of either myself, Victor, or family and friends dying in a plane or car crash. So yeah, sorry it's vague.

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Clare Jane said...

Well, there's the visceral fear which would be spiders and heights; and then the much more sinister and cerebral fear of not living up to my own expectations. The latter is an open invitation to years of therapy and analysis, dontchya think?

2:55 PM

 
Blogger Stacy said...

I'm afraid of heights. When I'm somewhere, well, high, I start feeling like I might slip and fall or lean over too far and there I'd be, falling. I've had this fear for a long time, and I do remember when the car was flipping around on the highway, it felt very much like we were flying through space. Since then, I've had dreams that I drive up a highway and find that the flyover isn't actually complete and I fly, in my dreams, I can usually reverse things or figure out some safe landing strategy. (Most of my dreams have redo buttons.)

Other than that, I'm deeply afraid of something happening to Annalise. The rest, I can handle.

9:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home