Wednesday, August 23, 2006

abdicating responsibility

I am good at relaxing. In fact, I'm great. I know how to kick back and do nothing for hours at a time and, frankly, I love doing it.

But tonight and for the last several nights, I have taken relaxing to a whole new level.

Actually, that's inaccurate because it implies that I personally have achieved a level of relaxation unheard of by most people when in fact I'm sure a fair number of people - some of whom read this blog - are quite familiar with it.

I, friends, am high.

High as a kite.

whoo hoo.

Not on heroin nor marijuana. Not even on whatever that crap is that they put in Robitussin. Not benadryl or any other over-the-counter anti-histamines. And most definitely not on life.

I am high on antibiotics.

Yes, that's right. Anti. Biotics.

May cause drowsiness, indeed.

I haven't been this relaxed in ages. I don't give a flying fuck about any old thing. Hallelujah!

Amazingly, I get to be completely relaxed AND I get to act like a total, self-indulgent idiot (because I'm sick!) AND I get to drop any pretense of kindness or understanding (because I'm medicated!).

For the first time in my life, I think I understand addiction. Addiction is an excuse to act like a relaxed, self-indulgent, rude idiot. If only I could get a lifetime supply of this antibiotic, I too could be an addict.

NB: I don't really understand anything so don't listen to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger ryan said...

I wonder if it's as good as mixing Xanax and red wine! That's a level of being stoned I often miss and still crave. All the time. Very dangerous. But damn, it's fun. Glad you're relaxing so well. Get well soon!

7:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home