Tuesday, May 30, 2006

gang aft a-gley

The "Zen" part of this blog name refers to the fact that I'm trying to practice the Zen approach to life - acceptance - but, as evidenced by the last several posts, I'm not very good at it; hence the "Imbecile" in the second half.

In fact, I started this blog because I hate my job and I was hoping to practice acceptance every morning before work. As in "I accept the fact that I hate my job." or something along those lines.

But Paris and habeas corpus got in the way. After all, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry." I think that's Zen too, although I'm not sure the guy who originated it would've seen it that way.

Other Zen sayings I know about:

"Life sucks and then you die." Actually I think the original was "Life is suffering" but you get the jist.

"If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him." ... OK ... ?

"Whereever you go, there you are."

I kinda like this one, despite the fact that all sorts of magnificent cheeseballs throw it at you at inopportune moments (more on this in a future post). This morning I'll interpret this as permission to make non sequiturs. In other words, I'm allowed to roam as far afield from my original intention as I see fit. Huzzah!

D'ope! Out of time. Bye dee bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home